We use our various talents as a freelance duo to combine our love for adventure with work we enjoy. Sometimes described as being the ‘slowest overlanders in the world,’ we believe in making connections and staying in a place long enough to do so.
Our journey began in 2003 when we purchased an antique BJ45 Land Cruiser and began a three-year trip from our home in the Netherlands to Asia. This was followed by a nine-year trip in South America and, terminally infected by the overland bug, we shipped to the Far East and are currently in North and Central Asia.
Published Articles & Photography
Our stories and photos have been published in magazines around the world, primarily in car/4WD, food and travel magazines. Coen’s photography has been used in expositions and has appeared in various books. See the tabs below for a selection of our published work, as well as what the media has to say about us.
It has been fantastic working with you. Thank you for all the inspiring stories over the years ~Chris Cordes, Editor at Expedition Portal
Working with Karin + Coen while I was Founding Editor at The Latin Kitchen was a pleasure. Their writing and photography talents worked in sync to create beautiful slideshows on the bounty of South American culinary heritage and tradition. Adept at pitching relevant ideas, open-minded and collaborative in the editorial process, and receptive to feedback, I hold this team in high regard. ~Marie Elena Martinez, Founding Editor of The Latin Kitchen
Awards & Mentions
- In 2013, Expedition Portal awarded us the Overlander of the Year award.
- Our website has been listed on Rise Global’s Top 1000 Travel Blogs list since 2015.
- Landcruising Adventure was selected for Fathom Away’s Top 24 Best Travel Blogs & Websites 2017.
Find us here or contact us at info [at] landcruisingadventure [dot] com
Most of our articles in Car & 4WD magazines are first-person on-the-road stories that often take place in little-traveled regions. Many of them focus on off-roading, culture and/or meeting people. Among other topics featured: Living on the road 24/7, Landcruiser Communities, and technical-related stories about our Land Cruiser or characteristic local vehicles.
All photos are accompanied by our photos.
Writing & Photography for 4WD Magazine (the Netherlands, print, in Dutch)
Since 2006 we have monthly contributed with a six-page feature. The last three are:
- Februari 2021 – Rondje Jakoetsk, deel 2 (Rusland)
- Januari 201 – Rondje Jakoetsk, deel 1 (Rusland)
- December 2020 – De koffiebar bij het ‘Geen Voeten’ Meer (Mongolië)
Writing & Photography for Auto Bild Allrad (Germany, print, in German)
Since 2009 we have monthly contributed with a column. The last three are:
- Februari 2021 – Into the taiga, and winter (Russia)
- January 2021 – A stroll among pioneer ruins (Russia)
- December 2020 – Camping at No Feet Lake (Mongolia)
Writing & Photography for Toyota Trails (United States, print & online)
Since 2007 we have contributed with one or two stories per year. The last three are:
- Winter 2021 – Driving Through Forest Fires on the Amur Highway ®ssia)
- Summer 2020 – Where are the Rock Paintings (Brazil)
- Spring 2020 – Metal Fatigue – Keeping the LC in shape (Kyrgyzstan)
Writing & Photography for OutdoorX4 (United States, print)
Since 2015 we have regularly contributed with stories. The last two are:
- Nov 2020 – Where does the Road End (Peru)
- Oct 2020 – Introduction to Thru-Hiking
Toyota Cruisers & Trucks (United States, print & online)
Since 2018 we have contributed with several stories. The last two are:
- Summer 2020 – Exploring a Little Corner of Lake Titicaca (Peru)
- December 2019 – Overlanding in Japan’s Typhoon Season
Overland Adventures Magazine (United States, print)
New in 2020, we have contributed to the first issue:
- Winter 2020 – When Gear Fails, there are Helping Hands (Turkey)
Writing & Photography for 4×4 Magazine (United Kingdom, print)
Since 2014 we have contributed with several stories. The last two are:
- February 2017 – Lost in Laos
- October 2016 – Guyana’s Gold Coast
Writing & Photography for Overlander (Brazil, print, in Portuguese)
Since 2015 we have contributed with several stories. The last two are:
- April 2017 – Indispensáveis ou supérfluos
- April 2016 – Aventura ou Loucura?
Our stories were also published in: Gazoline (France), Quattroruote (Italy), 4WD Toyota Owner (United States), 4×4 Magazine (Japan), WYPRAWY 4×4 and Landcruiser Adventure Club (Poland), 4×4 Activ (Belgium), 4×4 Magazine (Hungary), 4×4 Magazine (Malaysia), and the Surinaamse Auto Rally Klub magazine (Suriname).
(updated: January 2021)