Over the past 7 years we have shared some 400 blog posts with you on Landcruising Adventure.
Which ones have you enjoyed reading?
Let me tell you…
But wait, didn’t we start overlanding almost 10 years earlier?
Yes, we did.
The Old & New Website
While our overland journey started in 2003, this website was built only in 2012, after the first website became outdated. We tried incorporating the more than 500 old stories into this website but that quickly turned out a mission impossible.
Yes, to get these numbers I just did a count. Seriously, on Landcruising Adventure we have shared some 900 stories with you over these past 16,5 years of overlanding!
Topics in the World of Overlanding
The world of overlanding has changed tremendously. In fact, the word ‘overlanding’ didn’t exist in 2003, at least not in the sense as it’s used today. Overlanding is a rapidly growing way of travel, as is the availability of technical gadgets to make life on the road easier.
It’s hard to imagine, but when we left, social media didn’t exist (no Facebook groups, and no iOverlander until 2013!), no forums dedicated to overlanding (we had to ‘do’ with the Lonely Planet forum). GPS did exist but in a very basic way, and for the first 6 years or so we traveled without one.
Some things, however, haven’t changed.
The main talk among overlanders remains gear & equipment. Tires, batteries, and camping gear are often hot topics. This is reflected in our best-read articles on Landcruising Adventure over the last 7 years, the top 3 being gear & equipment related: the Coleman stove, Rooftop Tents, and the Coleman oven (overland cooking is important, clearly!)
But since gear & equipment talk is not for everybody, I divided the list into different sections: Gear & Equipment, Destinations, Camping, and Other. At the bottom is a selection of newer blog posts that stood out in 2019.
1- The Most Popular Blog Posts – Gear & Equipment
- Why we cook on gasoline – the Coleman Stove
- Why travel with a rooftop tent – the pros & cons
- Bake your own bread? Are you nuts! – the Coleman Oven
- The magic-number car tires for overlanding
2- The Most Popular Blog Posts – Destinations
- Why drive the Pan-American Highway – Overlanding the Americas
- 7 adventurous, cultural, and inspiring road trips in Brazil
- 5 awesome off-the-beaten-track road trips in Colombia
- Brazil’s worst highway – the BR319 through the Amazon
3- The Best-Read Articles on Camping & Accommodation
- Overland camping in Argentina – Tips on campsites & wild camping
- Overland Camping in South Korea
- Accommodation & camping in Chile
- Tips for overland camping at Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
4- The Most Popular Blog Posts – ‘Other’
- Steaming vegetables in the pressure cooker – a simple why & how
- The stupidest things overlanders brought on their journey (and their smartest, too)
- Carnet de Passage – What is it & how do you use it
- Overland shipping – How to ship a car (with specifics for South America)
Of course, the big problem with these lists is that blog posts of, say, 5 years old have had much more time to accumulate pageviews than blog posts published only 1 or 2 years ago.
So which blog posts were particularly popular last year (that are outside the above-mentioned lists)?
5- Among the Most Popular Blog Posts in 2019
- 4WD a must – meet overlanders with an awesome 2WD overland vehicle
- Women must-have overland gear and overland-vehicle requirements
- The Land Cruiser restoration in Bolivia – the overhaul
What has been your favorite blog post? Please share in the comment section below!
Get the News
Join the crowd and receive an occasional email with news, updates and the best bits from the blog.
No spam, rare enough so as not to annoy, and easy to unsubscribe from.